Saturday, September 09, 2006

There's this mad idea...

that fortunes can be read in the leaves of tea. I'm a tea-bag person and resultingly always thought my future would remain a secret. Dropping a tea box this morning I swear the liberated bags fell into the winning sequence for tonight's national lottery.

I'm sceptical. A number of the smaller bags had arranged themselves into lawyerspeak declaring that the fortune hereto produced was subject to errors depending on whether they were opened for morning tea or evening tea and therefore any fortune could be deemed invalid if the correct conditions were not met. Unfortunately the correct condions had fallen under the washer so I've no idea what they were. By now the shebang had become so stressfull I got the hoover out.

And it wasn't even lunchtime.

So I went back to bed.

With a coffee.

A less malign drink.

I find.

2 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Sorry to disappoint you but the coffee grounds are forming a union. Not nice, not nice at all.

Dan Flynn said...

G,

I make coffee in a cafetiere so use a filter to squash the coffee down. Ha, no trouble from squashed coffee, I tell you.