Sunday, June 03, 2007

The weather...


a British obsession, granted, has been good. So yesterday morning I was up and early for a cycle down't Bridgewater Canal. This photo was taken at approx 8.15 am and I'm facing west so the sun is rising behind me. Hurrah!

In the early hours of this morning some people chose to have an argument in the street below my open bedroom window. Grrrr.

My hanging baskets are coming along beautifully, thank you all for asking.

I'm still working my way through Paul Auster's A New York Trilogy.

I'm gearing up for a a serious return to more regular blogging after a busy time in my life.

Last night I watched, for the umpteenth time Quentin Tarantino's movie Pulp Fiction, which remains rather excellent and in which John Travolta excels.

Being still knackered from broken sleep it is now my intention have a lie down, on my sofa of course and not on the floor, which would be too hard.

9 comments:

K. Restoule said...

I've have seen some pictures from the UK lately and they seem almost Canadian. Hoesntly I don't know what I'm expecting to see different but I'm looking for something.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Well, I did think about your garden yesterday, and wondered if your mate Sean has a girlfriend, and if he doesn't, is he working on your garden.

I can't believe it's good weather there and we're having ye olde British rain here.

Dan Flynn said...

K,

Not sure what a 'Canadian' picture is so can't comment on that.

G,

Sean has finished with my garden and only comes now to sit in it and drink tea. And re girlfriends, as a gay man the sun will freeze over afore he gets himself a girlfriend.

DCveR said...

30ÂșC here at 9 AM... cycling around this parts and as far as the two of us are concerned will only happen at about sunset!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Girlfriend / boyfriend, you wrote that when he breaks up with them, you take full advantage of his free time to work on your garden :-D

K. Restoule said...

a canadian picture is wilderness, unspoiled nature with maybe a little development, or a picture of a big Moose, or a beaver.

Dan Flynn said...

D,

Fortunately the weather is more temperate in these islands so I can cycle anytime and it never gets too hot. Lucky ol us.

G,

Over the years I've been able to size up what I can get done by Sean depending on the scale of his breakups. With really serious break ups he might do the roof, smaller ones might equal repair to a wall or fence. If he's just feeling low after a small fling he might do the pots in my back yard. He's fickle like that.

K,

We've no got Moose in the UK though recently some beavers were released on a river somewhere down south. If beavers appear in any Manchester canal you'll be the first to hear about it from me.

Hayden said...

no moose, perhaps, (or is it meese?) but certainly you have monsters. I remember.

Dan Flynn said...

Hayden,

No mooses in this country, or meece for that matter. If I was Scottish I could say, there's no moose in ma hoose. But I'm not so I won't.

xx