Thursday, August 16, 2007

Bruise update...





Wow! From certain angles this bruise looks like one of those Pacific archipelagos. The sort with shallow lagoons and coral. Or maybe a stigmata that got smudged, though I think of knee stigmata as more an indication of poor aim than pentecostal fervour. But what a stigmata! It's huge, a person would have to be really holy to be visited by something of this order. Either that or my leg was in the way of a sign meant for a local saint, it could even be a multiple stigmata originally destined for the nearby elderly and infirm. Bloody hell, all that suffering concentrated in one place, no wonder it looks a mess. That said, I think it best not to dwell too much on those waiting for the message that's now caught in the Limb of Leviticus. Hmmm, I feel saved already, might apply for a shrine grant from the Vatican, become bigger than Lourdes, lay down a car park and maybe an airport like Knock in Ireland. Of course the neighbourhood would have to go, but hey, sacrifice without pain, what would be the point of that?

6 comments:

Annie said...

Ouch!

Looking at that photo is like looking at infinity & is making me giddy...

Buffy said...

Ok. I've been away for a while, so I don't know. And though I'm sure I'll find out once I catch up on my reading....

Good Grief man what happened to your leg!??

Dan Flynn said...

Annie,

The leg is remarkably free of pain, which is pretty good in my book. The surgeon told me that the good thing about keyhole surgery was that it left no large wounds. For snips in fact, the entry wounds were all less than a centimetre and the only other wound was the 'shaved' miniscus. They shave out the tear rather than sow it up or cut a 'V'. The bruise is well, a bruise and will go away. Pretty spectacular nevertheless and changes everyday. Today (sat) it looks like the immolation scene from Gotterdammerung. Reminds me a bit of Ray Bradbury's Illustrated Man cos you "never know what your gonna git." To paraphrase Forest Gump.

Buff,

The surgery was as a consequence of a running injury. Jogging in park and knee goes 'pop' and swells up to Merrick proportions. Got a tear in the cartilage that is now fixed, huzzah!!!!!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Hawk that stigmata on ebay Dan, aw go on, you know you want to.

Dan Flynn said...

G,

You old devil. Now why didn't I think of that!

x

K. Restoule said...

That's not pretty. Ouch