Monday, November 09, 2009

An old photo...

to herald my return. It was taken on Crosby Beach last year. Brendan Reissmann says I should start writing the blog again because it makes him laugh.

But not before I buy a new keyboard because this one is shite.

I read today that gold has ben iscovered in Scotland and some place north of Glagow is the ne Klondike. I've already booked a place on the dawn mule, could only get an outside seat, well, it's more hanging than sitting, but hey I'm no stranger to risk because the human mind can be an eery place when they strap a man to a mule.


(Incidentally,"Strapped to the Mule" were a Manchester Punk Band who sold out for a large recording contract in 1983. They turned MOR, changed their name to "Whisper" and successfully released an album of love songs called "That's not my hand your holding") Last heard they were doing warm ups for a Carpenter's tribute band.

6 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Great to have you back1

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Brendan is right!

Be back, please, Dan, you make me laugh too.

Dan Flynn said...

Ginger,

Thanks for the compliment. It's good to be back!

x


G,

Ah, and you are so kind too.

xxx

Laura said...

The gold found just outside of Glasgow isn't coming out of someone's mouth is it?

Dan Flynn said...

Laura,

Gold from them thar hills indeed. It's a pukka gold mine, the real thing. Who'd have thought? Gold in Scotland. They'll be finding diamonds next. Did you know that Scotland is slowly rising? Apparently it was so squashed by the last ice age it's still decompressing. What I say is why dig for gold now when we can just wait and it'll come to us.

Laura said...

I've known for years that England is sinking. We've been praying for it to happen for a long time in Scotland ;)