Monday, December 13, 2004

Sunday night

Today I've been sleeping on the sofa suffering from a surfeit of gin last night. It started off with tea time glasses of wine at friends then back to mine for more wine. The wine tasted so good it ran out. Only gin left in fridge so I pulped some tangerines, to make the drink healthy, and finished off the gin. Ended up watching the film 'Notting Hill' with Julia Roberts and Hugh Grant and even though I was very drunk my critical faculties were unnafected, the film was absolute shite. The downside of being drunk meant I forgot to turn the film off so I lay there cursing this complete load of cack! Hugh Grant played himself, as usual, and Julia Roberts played a famous film star who falls in love with him. I did not laugh once.

I suppose a lesson to be learned here is how alcohol can confuse a functioning mind in that it didn't occur to me that I could turn the bloody thing off. Yet at the same time alcohol can strangely leave other parts of the rational mind untouched, I really knew I was watching something truly abysmal.

This film was so bad that being really pissed couldn't improve it.


No comments: