Thursday, August 11, 2005

A children's ride...

has appeared outside a local supermarket. It features cars shaped like cups and saucers that the man spins gently as they pass him. If there's an excitement scale for these types of funfair equipment with the most dangerous being indexed as 'Poohyerselfanddoitnowcosallcontrolhasgone' and the least frightening as 'agentlebreezehasjustwaftedyourskin' then this ride must be a 'Ihopethatfeatheronyourlegisn'ttoomuchofaninconvenience'

What's sweet is to see the different attititudes on display from the three and four year olds. Some are really cool and take in the air, maybe nod at waiting parents whereas for others it's little ashen faces that stare out as they glide by. Aaahhh!

As a kid I came from the 'ohmigodI'mgoingtobesickohohohohwhoarrrggggghhhhhh h h h' school, and I could achieve this state by merely glimpsing a fair pulling into town. Nowadays I admire the cool tots and feel empathy for those who achieve that curious green hue.

6 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Which child would you be?

I'd be the little green one. Scared.

Dan Flynn said...

I was a green kid. Tried to be cool but there's no honour when your front's covered in sick. Sad but true I'm afraid.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Yes, it's kinda hard to be dignified with your brekkie or lunch all over your front.

You should've terrified people with it afterwards, threatening to hug them and so on.

piu piu said...

aw.i was cool for sure....

Hayden said...

I didn't understand the problem. letsgoagainpleasegoagainhuhhuhplease.... until my mom took me aside and pointed out that dad was green now, and I'd have to wait or he'd be sick sure, taking me on more rides.....

Dan Flynn said...

Your mum was obviously sharper than your dad!