Sunday, August 14, 2005

Professor Mouha, Internationally...

renowned healer and clairvoyant has left a card on my windscreen. It states "I can help you in bringing back your loved ones, infidelity in relationships, domestic and family problems, depression, substance misuse, addiction, losing weight, impotency, infertility, immigration, court cases, breaking black magic, Jinx, demonic forces, success in business, exams and career, spiritual guidance, stress, job interviews, marriage problems. Just a single call can change your life forever. Your pain relief is my responsibility"

Is that an impressive list of skills or what? Problems with demonic possession or obtaining that loan? Then Prof Mouha's your man. I nearly phoned to check if his interest rates were comparable with the big money institutions. In small print on the reverse of his card there's some fairly dry warnings, written by a lawyer of course, (says something when an agent of Satan is forced to hire Counsel). Under the heading Penalty for Non Payment it said "Yes we really do charge an arm and a leg." Fair enough I thought, after all the big banks take your children as well, and your home, your livelihood, good name, car, remaining relatives, goat. In fact our goat was once interviewed for a job with Barclays but missed out to a shitbag Tory bastard who claimed the goat couldn't be a Christian on account of his beard and faraway stare. Jesus! Even Jesus had a beard! Banks and Tories, drawn together like flies and shit, what can you say?

I digress.

Prof Mouha states he can sort demonic forces, break black magic and Jinx. Again I return to the small print on the back. At this juncture I should say that the card is approx 3'' by 4'' and pretty straightforward though when you turn it over a little origami trick occurs and in the manner of a concertina four volumes of legalese unfold to the floor. Thank fuck I didn't read this thing on a bus, or in the loo, or any other confined space, I'd never have got out. Essentially it says unless the contract (hereafter referred to as The Contract) specifically includes the Jinx, black magic, demonic forces clause, neither Prof Mouha (nor the Parent Company, Lucifer Holdings (TM) ) can be held responsible. Old Nick, such a cheeky get. Not so smart though, not in this modern world. There was a time he did just what the he wanted, no explanation, no forewarning, just one puff of smoke and suddenly your working the eternity shift on Beelzibub's Big Barbie. Not anymore, with litigation achieving new levels of popularity and an increasing interest in health and safety the Horned One (and his franchisees) have been forced to overplay their cloven hoof. Spells? Spell it out more like. What choice has he got? Any trouble might lead to a snap inspection by the Local Authority, a couple of swabs from those work surfaces, a bit of peering into those dark corners, a little testimony from the tortured and before you can say "Injunction" Hell is shut right down. Let's not forget Heaven's Angel showers received the same treatment only last year after that messy verucca outbreak among the Seraphim. God lost half a season's takings when traffic switched to Purgatory and the market's still not recovered because the bloody purgers love the discomfort so much. And I'll not go near that brouhaha about 'Angel Showers' except to say that in reality God being so dim has once again proved to be a blessing.

And speaking of pain. I did phone Mouha on Saturday morning about a headache and he said that when he wrote that my pain was his responsibility he meant in an existential way. I tried contacting my lawyer but he's still in Purgatory, seems the caterer's have struck and all flights are cancelled, maybe something good has happened this week. Yay!

7 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Mouha hahaha.

At least he got a business card. A man's got to make a living.

Dan Flynn said...

True, true. A man's got to make a living. And what an imaginative living!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I have to read this post again. Hey, you never know, I might get some ideas from him with his grand imagination.

[I'm still laughing].

Hayden said...

on a whim/curiosity I went to a fortune teller a few years ago. she checked through the curtain and opened the door a crack, holding back the dog and the kid, and then motioned me 'over there' to a chair on the deck. a few minutes later she collected me and told me that I was a)still not over my last love b)would not find one until I went through a "release rite". I mean, there's no ring on the finger, so it doesn't take a psychic to figure out I'm not married, it was a safe guess. The bill for the fling was going to be $500.00 for lighting and tending candles (really big candles, she said when I commented on the price) and praying for a 30 day cleansing period. I said thanks and goodbye. The next week a girlfriend told me a different fortune teller had taken her for $1000(!!!!!) for the same diagnosis and cure. ya' gotta wonder what she was thinking to shell out that kind of money!

Icylyrics said...

Seems like it would be a lot easier to just pray and ask God. Wouldn't you think? At least his rates aren't quite so high.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Just read this post again [procrastinating from work] and still don't like Prof. Houma fouha houfa...whatever...

I've been wondering though...does a body get repossessed if he / she does not pay the exorcism fees to the prof?

Dan Flynn said...

GG,

We get a few of these cards where I live, Prof Mouha, Prof Souha, Prof Brouha etc. I really like them because they advertise the most wonderful range of skills. Unfortunately they never mention winning lottery numbers, or which horse is going to win the next big race. Shame really.

Hayden,

Send me $400 and I'll tell your fortune. Get your friend to send me $900 and between you I'll be able to afford a home visit. Maybe get to sit of that porch of yours, take in the marvelous view, drink some of your white wine, I'll even cook you a nice meal. Bugger it, I'll come for nothing.
x

Icylyrics,

I think God's rates are pretty steep, expecially as everything's measured in eternities. Hey, at least Prof Mouha's only dealing with here and now stuff.

And finally G again,

I like your repossession joke. Don't mess with the professor, that's what it says to me.