Thursday, August 31, 2006

It has rained so much today...

huge puddles have occured in interesting places. Now, I'm not one of those pedestrian splasher types who deliberately drive through said pools. This is not my thing, in such circumstances I slow right down or move to the other side. However, it has really, and I mean really pissed down today. Some puddles have stretched the road's width, some have proved deep enough to reach the wheel arches and some have been so deep lost villages, church bells atolling could be seen in their murkey depths. On a stretch of road in Salford that runs parallel to the River Irwell I stopped to consider how safe it would be to continue when Poseidon himself rose out of the waters to declare he was lost. I observed that 40 miles from the sea certainly constituted being lost and he responded by telling me to get fucked. Hmm, seems I wasn't the only one grumpy today.

6 comments:

Hayden said...

i like the world you live in, Dan!

Dan Flynn said...

Hayden,

It's all down to this strange part of town in which I live. Actually the whole place is fairly strange and I only report what I see.

x

Hayden said...

why is it that I have this sneaking suspicion that anywhere you live would be more than passing strange?

whatever - say hi to father poseidon for me next time you see him.

Dan Flynn said...

Hayden,

And are you saying California isn't strange? From what I've read it's a distinctly strange place. What about all them goats? Hmm?

And I'd love to say Hi to that miserable get Poseidon but he's buggered off.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Did you see the little mermaid?

Dan Flynn said...

G,

No, apparently she was away on holiday. In the arctic hunting polar bears. Always makes the most of her vacation. Or so I was told.