Thursday, April 03, 2008

I'm in lurve...





yup, after all these years (7 actually) a woman called Debbie has stolen me heart. Sigh, and I'm feeling pretty damn good about the whole thing. Debs is a vegetarian so it's the wholesome life for me from now on. Yesterday I bought a liquidiser to make soup or broth as I like to call it. To me the word 'soup' has always seemed lightweight whereas 'broth' is a hearty word an honest to goodness word. When broth's on the stove the whole world stands respectful. For me broth conjures an image of cast iron pans blackened and suspended above an open range barely visible through clouds of steam blowing from the spout of a huge kettle. In the background a band of kilted pipers loudly play Scotland The Brave and tiny children sit by a rough wooden table licking their lips in anticipation of something wholesome that is to surely come their way. Aye!

I'm certain this liquidiser will be equal to the task of creating such magic. Oh yes.

4 comments:

K. Restoule said...

You're becoming a Vegan because of a woman?

**Shakes Head**

Dan Flynn said...

K,

I've not become a vegan. Vegan's are miserable and hate pleasure. I've not become a veggie either. I've become a vemeater, a person who likes veggie food and meat, in fact someone who is not a vegetarian. There you go, I've not changed at all.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

You're in lurve? Really, truly, Dan? You should see me grinning happily, I'm happy for you, and I hope it lasts!

p.s. i don't eat meat. i don't call myself vegan or vegetarian, i just don't eat meat.

Dan Flynn said...

Hey G,

Thanks for dropping by. The back end of last year and beginning of this has been very busy for me hence the fall off in postings. Changed job, fell in love and am involved in mega decorating of house that involves many rooms and roof. These are all things that have kept me from the blogsphere. And when will it end? My writing drought, God knows. Though I'm once again getting those itchy literate fingers. However, this week's impediment to blogaria is a holiday in Cyprus starting Wed 30th. Wey hey! Will post some photos on return.

x