Tuesday, January 06, 2009

I've been ill...





with the flu that's currently sweeping the UK, been sick as a dog for weeks. By all accounts this flu originated in Brisbane and has journeyed some distance to be here, which is the nature of epidemics. Anyway, it made me ill. The photo is of a flu virus. If flu viruses were really this large it's not illness so much as choking we'd be at risk from, or stubbed toes because I'm assuming the knobbly globe is a floor dweller. It also follows that choking would mostly be confined to children and others who put in their mouth things they find. What a relief it is then, viruses being so tiny.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My brain tells me to listen to you. That I probably have the flu. But the moaner in me thinks I'm probably ready to give up the ghost..

Dan Flynn said...

Buff,

Hope you got over the flu. Next year I'm going for the jab. I'm not good when ill, women friends accuse me of being prone to 'man flu', a condition found only in men and whose symptoms can best be described as 'moaning.'

However, in spite of my female friends and their insensitive views regarding my wellbeing I was in fact really ill.