Monday, April 23, 2007

It's raining in Manchester...


again! Over the past few weeks it's hardly rained at all but hey, when there's bike riding to be done the weather must be fine, ipso facto. I'm not advocating drought, or global warming but since purchasing my new bike (hmmm, and just who is that handsome stranger...) I prefer drier weather.

Indeed had the weather not been loverly, and had I not been out cycling this here image might never have been recorded.

In term of choices I'm ready to admit my passion for cycling might have been total had I first considered a machine that would fit through a front door, or perhaps chosen a model to mount rather than ascend, and then there's the nose bleeds. But what is pleasure without sacrifice? What is indulgence without pain? What is enjoyment without a rat gnawing at the innards, tearing and ripping and slashing and the blood and the gore and the mess, the stinking slippery mess...

Oops, suddenly came over all Mel Gibson... maybe need to lie down a moment... sip camomile tea...

Jeeze, and all I did was buy a bike...

How hard is that?

4 comments:

K. Restoule said...

I heard you don't get sun in England so the rain shouldn't surprise you, or do you get rain?

Dan Flynn said...

K,

Despite all the rain, it still comes as a surprise. This is because we Brits expect decent weather and when it's not decent we are surprised. I think weather expectations arise from living in a country that's fairly temperate, a country where we generally have four distinct seasons of similar length. Hmmm, maybe we've been spoiled by our weather. Nope, can't be that... must be bad luck or maybe someone else is having our weather. Yes that's it, someone's stealing our weather. COME ON, OWN UP WHOEVER YOU ARE, WE'LL FIND OUT IN THE END...

Jay said...

Rain makes me grateful that the snow is gone. Sunshine is just orgasmic.

Dan Flynn said...

Jay,

I entirely agree. Sun is the best!!!! Global warming? Bring it onnnnnnn....