Sunday, November 11, 2007

Cycling in Manchester...

yesterday I came across hundreds of Christian bikers roaring down Deansgate dressed as Father Christmas. Not wholly sure that Santa Claus would approve of such recklessness what with his carbon footprint being so low. I researched some info on the carbon footprint of cows (in the absence of info on reindeer farts) and discovered what a major hazard bovine rear-end exhalations represent.

Thank the Lord those Christians didn't pass through town riding cows or else we'd be totally fucked.


The photo below is of the Dee Estuary from West Kirby, taken last weekend. That's Wales in the distance.


5 comments:

K. Restoule said...

Riding their Hogs for God?

I don't get it.

Dan Flynn said...

K,

Hogs? Bloody hell, I though riding cows would be bad enough.

Hayden said...

well, if they'd give the cows some grass and knock off the corn, we could eliminate a lot of carbon!

Dan Flynn said...

Why Hayden, you sound like a country Gal and I've absolutely no idea what you mean. Is there a diff between corn and grass re the cow/methane nexus? I must be told.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Hm, one day, they'll collect cow gas and run cars and computers with it. I only hope it doesn't smell.