Wednesday, March 30, 2005

I've begun to worry...

lately about covetousness. cov-ver-tess-ness. Bit of a mouthful. Anyway, whilst abed last night the thought ocurred that I covet my mate Clare's skills at blog design, and my mate Beth's ability not only to speak French but also fucking go there and having arrived snowboard like a bastard. I've started French lessons so in fact I only partially covet the multi-talented Beth's multi-talents. I partly covet my mate Karen's immense intellect and definitely covet my mate Sean's Alpha Romeo which is amazing from someone who is not an obsessive car boy. Sean drives this Alpha four door saloon that is the most gorgeous red colour. A red not from any other make as far as I can see. In those mad names that plague the paint world I reckon his car is coloured Red (Swoon) because it has depths to engulf the human heart and drown it in pleasure. It is a deep lustrous red that looks like it's more draped over than painted on. Bugger, I'm wondering now whether I covet the hue rather than the car. Actually this is good because it's commonly known that inviting car obsessives to dinner is a waste of time as they have no conversation. I can at least be certain about one thing, I do not covet my neighbour's wife but only because the house next door has been empty for some time.

3 comments:

Dan Flynn said...

Betty, and in your corner as well! It's not like you to hide your light under a bushel. Post your blog now, print and be damned. It's one way of shoving it up someone's arse. Arf arf.

Dan Flynn said...

Betty, and in your corner as well! It's not like you to hide your light under a bushel. Post your blog now, print and be damned. It's one way of shoving it up someone's arse. Arf arf.

Dan Flynn said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.