Sunday, June 11, 2006

Unfortunately...

Pt II of my little tale will not be ready until tomorrow. Today I pointed the bricks that make up half the floor area of my yard. It took twice as long as I'd planned, six hours instead of three. It was so hot even the alley cats were catching rays, lounging atop various walls and when they could summon the energy shouting advice on sand cement ratios. Of course they know nothing about cement, four sand to one cement, pssht. The local tiny tots were shouting eight sand to half cement but given they're all convinced nothing comes after the number two I wasn't taking any notice of them. A green budgerigar flew by breathlessly declaring his name to be Billy, he also declared his heart to be so full of love it was his intention to shake everyone's hand as a means of proving it. Even the smallest of tots couldn't resist watching this. So we waited and watched, some sat and some stood and some were even a little awed as Billy landed neatly beside Big Trev a fat alley cat with halitosis. Billy proffered a wing but big Trev wanted a breast and a leg, in fact both legs plus the head. One of the tots spelled out in the bluntest of fashion what we all were thinking. "Fucking idiot." She said. And everyone nodded in agreement except Big Trev who just burped.

7 comments:

DCveR said...

Right... you're granted one more day then. But don't push it! We want the rest of our story!!! ;)

Hayden said...

don't think I believe this for a MOMENT! It simply isn't possible that every week or so you observe a cat eating a bird. no no no!

but I do believe that that is what the tot said.

Dan Flynn said...

D,

Congrats on the footie. Pt II definetely tomorrow.

Hayden,

Hmm, now you point it out I guess there's a theme been developing here...

Kate Feld said...

I just can't believe that all of this stuff happens to you... I never see monsters at the supermarket or magical creatures on my way to work. I must be doing something wrong.

Dan Flynn said...

Sarah,

I like to think it was a constructive weekend, so to speak. Bloody knackered me tho. In my job as a social worker the only physical thing I'm at risk from is repetitive strain injury from all the typing so I'm not used to this horny handed son of toil stuff. Don't recommend it either.

Y,

You shop in the wrong places. I live in Levenshulme which is M19 but adjacent to my area is M19 and three quarters where really strange things happen all the time.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Even an apology from you is funny, Dan. Wooo hooo.

Dan Flynn said...

G,

So good to hear from you. Glad you liked my little joke.