Monday, July 31, 2006

The cake gremlins....

that recently plagued my pc appear to have gone. A souvenir photograph was left on the door of my fridge. It's a group photo and all are giving me the finger except one that's showing off its bottom. Makes a lovely memoriam given Fat Trev ate the lot as they attempted to make good their escape. By all accounts his attack was silent swift and deadly. None survived. Problem is they'd become infused with RAM and now Fat Trev burps the noise of fax machines and modems. When he farts bubbles of algorithm shush by. And his shit, man! You could say that of late my business has becomes Fat Trev's business but that wouldn't be funny. One disconcerting phenomena is the recurrent synthesis of humidity and harmonics, particularly troublesome on warm still nights. These are strange nights when it's not equations but the eerie sound of my privacy that often whispers through the bins out back. Voices half heard on the drift, fading like old radio signals. Trouble is the embarrassing stuff has started leaking most. Notes to old girlfriends, begging letters to old friends, things I've ordered in plastic, the burro (hey, it was on offer). I'm hoping to be around when Trev farts out my e-mail address book, I've even boiled a jar to catch it in. Well, I actually boiled 10 jars and offered the local tots £5 for whoever can capture the most. Yesterday morning I occasioned on two of them squeezing Trev like a toothpaste tube but nothing of use emerged. A third tot suggested to the other two that they jump on him a few times to loosen up the innards but they relaxed their grip and he escaped. 3 inches of runny msdos doth not a summer make I later lamented pressing a penny into three small palms latticed with base configurations. They seemed happy but that's six year olds for you, no sense of what things are worth.

Not seen Trev since yesterday.

The tots liked my joke about the constipated mathematician who worked it out with a pencil.

Funny, not seen them since that joke.

Hmmmm.

10 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

You better watch out, that cat's gone somewhere, to London, maybe, he's planning to sell your secrets. He'll make a killing and you can't sue him, he'll claim you threw it all out. Finders keepers, losers weepers, that sort of thing.

Dan Flynn said...

G,

I'm just hoping he'll sweat it all away before the neighbours start burning crosses in the front of my house.

DCveR said...

You haven't seen Trev since yesterday? You will soon. If I not mistaken that cat will blackmail you for the rest of his nine lives. I can see you already feeding him his daily share of sardines to keep him from making your secrets known to the world!!!

Hayden said...

Trev, the beloved! It's inevitable, isn't it? Funny the way these extortion rackets backfire....

AIEeeeee (exits left holding head) (you DO know about left exits, right?)

Dan Flynn said...

D,

Ha ha. Trev is keeping out of the tots way, methinks. He can't stand the squeeze because they don't know subtlety. A couple of years ago some friends of mine got a hamster for their four year old daughter and one afternoon they found it dead in the cage. Afraid of upsetting their daughter they bought another one but after a couple of days it was dead too. So they bought a third hamster and then one afternoon their daughter was found in the front room cage door open and hamster in tiny hands. She loved it so much she squeezed it to death, seriously. I can understand why Fat Trev is keeping a low profile.

Hayden,

See above for Fat Trev's fate. He'll be thrown to the tots so they can squeeze my secrets out of him.

Hayden said...

ahhh, most reassuring.

well, comforting...

ah, you know, predictable results are important

well....

balderdash!

a pox on all hamster-and-cat-squeezers!

Dan Flynn said...

Hayden,

I've actually started to write, yes put fingers to keyboard and started to write PtVI. God, it's like pulling teeth I know but I'm struggling to get back into the groove. Still, the first paragraph is completed and overall shape is worked out. Now all I have to do is finish this chapter off and get the damn thing blogged...

Wish I could be more focussed and systematic...

Hayden said...

and yet - it's worth waiting for!

Hayden said...

don't let it grow cold, Dan. for me it's about 10% inspiration and 90% perspiration.

Dan Flynn said...

Hayden,

It's coming along, honest. I am moving forward with the story. dropped you a little line via your hotmail...