Wednesday, September 27, 2006

It occurs to me...

and not for the first time that dogs are astonishingly dim. This afternoon in Salford I followed a white van from whose passenger window poked the head of a small dog with tufty hair and lolling tongue. There are those for whom such a sight might indicate intelligence or even higher cerebral function like a thought, say...

"Hmmm it's too hot. I know, I'll lean out of this window. Yup, that's done the trick."

Except it didn't calculate the lampost that whacked the fucker's head right off. Bounced straight over the bonnet of my car and into the road behind where it was crushed by a lorry. The dog didn't even notice. Now how thick is that?

4 comments:

Dan Flynn said...

Why thank you kind Ms, I aim to please.

xx

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

My cousin who has 2 dogs...TWO...not one...two...thinks her dawgs can write.

She ain't know it was me who wrote that letter to she and put paw prints on it.

snick snick snick

Dan Flynn said...

Ah, but G, what was in the letter? Were they threats, maybe a demand for something. Pray tell.

Buffy said...

I'm gonna have to read this again...