Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Went to see...

a physiotherapist this early evening. He worked on my knee for an hour, squeezing, pressing, kneeding, pushing, working his fingers into that damaged ligament. Then he got hot gel packs and did some more business. Me? I groaned and moaned and cursed and winced and cried and begged, I even offered my PIN number to make him stop but there was no mercy in his dark professional heart. I was reminded of those westerns when the wounded gunslinger gets a piece of wood to bite on while they dig the bullet out of his gut. I would have killed for a piece of wood.

And he laughed, oh how he laughed, all the way through. He told me I was a bad boy, that I required punishment,that I must be punished, that I deserve the cane... no, sorry, that was another therapist...

Hmmm, note to self. Must not mix up therapists.

Anyway it bloody hurt.

4 comments:

Buffy said...

Bad news Dan. I damaged a knee ligament last year, New Years Eve. Did the whole 'are you trying to kill me or what?' physio bit. Get use to doing those exercises for like THE REST OF YOUR NATURAL LIFE. Because when you stop, it all comes back my friend.

Best.

B.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

In the westerns, they gave whiskey to the person being operated on, maybe you should've asked for some.

Jogging isn't good, by the way. Walk or swim.

Dan Flynn said...

B,

Thank you for those kind and encouraging words. And I know what you mean. However I've been jogging for years now and only recently have suffered a few strain injuries. So I thinks to myself, hmmm, well it was bound to happen sooner or later. Overall I've done well injury wise so I'm sanguine about this one even though It's a bugger.

Ho hum.

G,

I hate swimming and walk anyway. But I love running... so what's a boy to do?

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Walk really really fast.