Friday, November 17, 2006

Off to Barcelona...

this afternoon. Yippee! Am flying there and no doubt will leave carbon footprint. Take a 7 in shoe size so not expecting footprint to cause much bother. Been wondering if some future archaeologist using a small trowel might dig out my carbon footprint and conclude I was a sociable sort of guy. Maybe end up in museum, have PhD theses written about me. Might even produce artistic renditions of fashionably unshaven hunk with deer over shoulder, faraway look in eye and tight animal skins to show off manly chest.

A square jaw would be nice too...

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you missed your flight Dan, throw down that goat from your shoulder, set your square manly chin and have a good ol' gin and tonic. Tomorrow will come soon enough for you to leave that carbon footprint.
Hope all goes well tomorrow.
Have a wonderful holiday. :-)

Dan Flynn said...

Ah, yesterday afternoon was a real low point however last night good mate helped me back to my feet with G&T, plus I got a seat on this afternoon's 4.15 flight to B. Won't even be lonely because mate Beth, who was travelling out today anyway to meet us, will hold my hand all the way.

May squeeze in a G&T tonight in Barcelona too.

Anonymous said...

Hola! and Welcome back Dan, Hope you had a wonderful holiday and fel fully rested or partyed that much you are in need of rest. lol

Hope all is well. Kind thoughts winging your way.

I've just read through your posts and it seems I lost a couple of my comments, I tried to describe the Monastry but it has gone, never mind hope you got there anyway.

Anonymous said...

ooops Anon 'twas me :p

Anonymous said...

Have a fabulous trip... Perhaps you could leave something to fossilize also? Or some tools that could lie beside aforementioned foot print? Maybe a camera or something?

Hm, I'm not sure about my spelling of fossilize. Looks suspiciously American.

Hayden said...

odd. left a comment yesterday telling you I am jealous of Barcelona and all, but it has vanished into the aether.

hope you're having a great time!

Annie said...

Hope you took your camera... have fun, it's impossible not to there.