Monday, December 04, 2006

A golden sun...

rose over fair Manchester this morning. This evening rain from dark rain clouds fell. Thus did fickle winter trickle on our good town.

We've had gales too.

I'm not a lover of dark nights or dark mornings, though it's better here than somewhere even further north where it might be dark all the time.

A Norwegian friend tells of really dark winters and of vague mid morning light before the darkness comes again.

Vague Light, great name for a band. 'Node', their difficult second album was short listed for last year's Mercury Prize but pipped at the post by Shallow Desire's 'Only One Lung.'

I too bought SD's single 'Cough your guts up' and played it all the time.

'Cough your guts up
Cough your guts up
Cough your guts up
For the lads.'

Classic.

2 comments:

to touch a unicorn said...

On such a gale-swept rain-sodden night Dan, I think I would prefer a nice gentle Fairytale Of New York by The Pogues myself. ;-)
Happy times
Sandy

Dan Flynn said...

The Pogues, and dear old Kirsty McColl. Her death was further evidence for me that there is no God.