Thursday, December 14, 2006

Recently I've been sooooo...

ooooo tired.

In the olden days one could visit their GP for a pick me up, or visit their drug dealer for a pep me up. My GP no longer issues pick me ups and I owe the drug dealer money.

Guess I'm to stay sooooooooooooooooo tired. At least for a while longer.

Red meat, maybe the answer's in red meat. Got to get myself some red meat. Of course could cut out red meat and go straight for the iron supplement. As a child elderly folk would recommend I suck on a piece of coal. In the pit villages of Northern England coal could cure most things, including lassitude. Or so the elderly said though I also recall the place scored consistently above national average for choking deaths. Not the fault of coal though, never the fault of coal. Choking deaths as the elderly were want to say, are caused by a failure of the will to live. Although as a small child I never sucked a piece of coal, small I may have been but stupid I was not. Besides, the Sunday stroll from church to home over the prone bodies of elderly folk, some with hands still clutching throats in my opinion was always a bit of a giveaway. Requiem, the only service that priest ever knew, indeed Father O'Strokechild could conduct a requiem mass with one hand tied behind his back and often did, though only on becoming an adult would I learn bondage is not a stage on the journey to heaven.

So, just as then, coal is not the cure.

Nevertheless I'm soooooooooo tired.

Could suck on a piece of iron, maybe that'll do the trick. As a child I swallowed a ball bearing. Between our house and school lay a scrap yard with one of those huge electro-magnets used for picking up metal. For months I passed that place on the other side of the street, I walked with fear and in response mocking children would daily crowd the opposite pavement, many made crane gestures. It was a time of shame.

Perhaps I need more sleep but then the nightmares come. Twisted metal, screeching, drawn, wrenched, suspended, and through the tangled steel always drops a single piece of coal, dancing and jinking before popping into the mouth of some old crone who was collapsed beneath. And the laughter of children would drown out her choking, then the children would choke, then I choke...

My home is converted to central heating. It's a comfort. That little blue flame, so far removed from...c...c... so far removed.

Some think I should be removed...

but what do they know...

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oooh, them nightmares sure is good 'n' vivid ones.

What you need to do, Dan, is to get over your fear of coal. Try it, one tiny dust at a time, sort of make the body immune to it.

Or drink lots of water, eat lots of veggies and fruits. And keep blogging!

Anonymous said...

red meat, there's the ticket! but not cows, no, not unless you raise them better in Britian than we do here in the US. Just this sec received in the mail an order of bison for the fridge. Grass fed, never annoyed with antibiotics and such. Never annoyed at all. Not safe to annoy a buffalo. Nasty tempers.

but why was there an electro-magnet across the street? any why the nightmares? humm... hope you're feeling more spry soon.

also hope beta decides to permit me to comment this time. hasn't for days, but today will let me do it anoymously. crap program.

hayden

Dan Flynn said...

G,

Someone once recommended that method as a means of becoming tolerant to arsenic. Not sure if they were trying to by helpful or trying to bump me off.

Hayden,

The electro magnet was in the scrap yard attached to a crane for pulling up metal.

re the posting, not sure what the problem is. Are you on Beta? I'm not really sure what Beta is because it doesn't seem to have changed anything on my blog as far I can see.

to touch a unicorn said...

LOL You are a tonic and a half Dan thank you for the laugh. Although I am sorry to hear you have been in need of a lift.

Coal? Does ya the world of good, very benefical for pregnant women and pit ponies, or so my grandfather used to say. But I guess it could have its drawbacks; turn your teeth and tongue and your lips rather black which could cause people to worry about you, even avoid you or worse still call the doctor and who knows what that could lead to. Maybe he'd give you a pick-up, maybe he'd lock you in a padded room or hang a sign on the door with the liegend "Beware, Black Death" or something rather horrid. But then that would be better than a ball-bearing and a dangling magnet ~ I guess. Hmmm maybe you should just have a couple of large gins and go to bed, out like a light, much safer. ;-)
Lets hope Blogger will let me post now.

Hayden said...

oh, no, not me. I am NOT on beta. I hate technology so would never sign up for a beta anything. make it work first is my motto, and when you've got it down maybe I'll consider it.

they acknowledged the bug and have finally fixed it, but bottom line is that their two systems don't play together nicely.

Dan Flynn said...

Sandy, Hayden,

Not sure what this posting problem is about. It could be a blogger conspiracy to people from communicating with me but as I'm not paranoid it can't that. So I've absolutely no idea...

Sandy,

That black coal thing, I think in the teeth compartment might look rather fetching. Imagine, black teeth. Wonder if it could draw the crowds, like at a circus. Then again, it would most probably just frighten children, and we can't have that. However, if ones teeth were made of coal and there was an energy crisis ones teeth might be worth something. One might get robbed... Hmm, best to stay with the regular gnashers... less trouble...

Hayden,

You must embrace technology... embrace Beta... embrace...

I've had a glass of wine so you'll have to forgive me re the embracing thing. Here in the UK drunk people are always trying to hug one another. Is that just a European thing, or do they do that in California too? Let me know.