Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Let me just say...

I love photoshop Elements 5.0

I know, I know, it's only software, it has no sentience, indeed it has no personality, but, well, it's a damn good thing.

There, no more will be said.

Actually I will say more for tonight it found 100 photos that I thought had been dispatched, mistakenly, by me into the outer darkness of my huge (by my standards) 140gb G drive that pc world put in the other week.

The G drive is like having a mansion attached to something very tiny. It's large and dark and at the end of a long drive with overhanging trees and gravel underfoot. However, it comes with no above stairs staff. Whilst fiddling with said photos last week, trying them in different rooms, moving them from floor to floor they were suddenly gone. Luckily I'd tied string to the front door and could reverse my steps but what should have been familiar no longer seemed so. That G drive is big and eerie and I thought, bugger, not going in there again.

This week whilst idly fiddling with Photoshop E 5.0 it asked if I wished to back something up (it would be so much easier just to read the bloody User Guide) so the appropriate button was duly pressed and off it bounded like a terrier, tongue lolling, saliva dripping, skittering over marble then up the grand staircase. Bugger me if a short while later it didn't return with my lost photos.

Honest, I shed a tear.

And if the above makes me seem like some trainspotting saddo, well...

Hang on, is that the 5.36 twin carriage chaser to Huge Thigh, calling at Mendacious, Pustule and Birch? Why I think it is...

6 comments:

Annie said...

Ooh, Photoshop. I'm well jealous. May well ask Santa for Photoshop...

I like the picture of the G drive spooky mansion you painted. It was very vivid and (almost) makes up for the fact that - oh no! - you seem to have gone all Techie on us!

Dan Flynn said...

Annie,

Nooooooooooo, not gone all techie. What you see on the page is the sum total of my knowledge regarding pc's. I've always been able to make a little piece of information go a very long way. For instance I know that people like to talk about their jobs, interests, hobby's etc. So when talking to them I find if you repeat back to them what they've just said to you they then believe you know it as well. Honest, works every time. Football is the most obvious example. I'm not a football fan but can talk for hours with football fans and in the end they will believe I'm as mad about the game as they are. That trick has kept me out of trouble on more than one ocassion, I can tell you.

to touch a unicorn said...

lol Sounds fun! And nice house you have there!

Wish I had more space my photos are taking over. Oh for a *G* drive :-D

Photoshop is something I must try.

"Dear Santa......"
Sandy

Hayden said...

ughh. the mere mention of Photoshop conjures up echoing darkness and looming disaster. I'm not going there. Not moi.

Dan Flynn said...

Sandy,

I came across photoshop by accident but it seems to be a good system if a little expensive at £70. However it works for me.

Hayden,

Hmmm, photoshop blues? Haven't had that yet. Hope it never comes. However in terms of photos I'm really impressed with Flickr for posting on blogs. I'm continually impressed with everyone's personalised blog. As you can see I'm still using the old blogger templates, I suppose it's mainly because I've absolutely no idea where everyone else gets their blog designs from. Is there a shop somewhere that all know about except me? I think I should be told.

x

Hayden said...

oh dear. somewhere I have several links that are alleged to have the key to flashy blogs. I shall have to look them up and send them. Never have been to any of them myself. Maybe next year.

that would be 2008, I'm emotionally already 'in' 2007.