Friday, February 09, 2007

It has snowed in

the UK. Hurrah!

All Wednesday tv and radio warned of snow throughout the UK, loads of snow, blizzards even, near death experiences, ice, freezing temperatures, danger, fear, keep family at home, indeed lock family in home, dust off sofa duvets, get guns, move endowments into candle futures.

I was excited, I had expectations. Sod guns, bugger death, stuff danger, to hell with shame (sorry, wrong post), spit on tallow, for I was... prepared.

On Thursday morning as if a gazelle I sprang from bed and rushed to the window, but in Manchester it had rained. And it's still fucking raining.

Grrrrrrr.

Tomorrow I'm gonna drive to where there is snow. I will not be denied. Oh no.

8 comments:

to touch a unicorn said...

LOL Sorry Dan, know just how you feel
was so excited expecting to have to dig my way out of here and in the end only got an inch (no jokes pleeese!) anyway it is still lingering go see I took a picture lol

Hang in there... it has to come soon!
Have a great weekend.
Sandy

Hayden said...

try upstate New York. I hear they got 8 feet and have another foot on the way.

I thought this was Global WARMING. Harumpf.

Dan Flynn said...

Sandy,

My bottom lip is right out re the snow thing I can tell you.

Hayden,

Oh to be in upstate New York is all I can say. And as for Global Warming, well Wobal Smarming as far I'm concerned. The weather has let me down and that's all there is to it. Boo hoo. And I was promised so much...

Anonymous said...

The Penman is gone.

Hayden said...

forget 8 feet. It's at 11 feet in Redmon NY. See what you're missing?

Anonymous said...

Ha yes, that's what we did. Drove to the snow. And made a snowman!

Anonymous said...

Look at our snowman!

It had coal for eyes and a carrot for a nose. It even had a hat.

Dan Flynn said...

Hayden,

Stop it I'm jealous enough.

Clare,

Top picture.

xx