Sunday, February 18, 2007

Been for a walk...






in Derbyshire with my mate Sean. I was very brave given my knee is knackered from a running injury. It will require surgery but until then remains painful. Sean reckons the pain is guilt collecting all in one place.

After last weekend's trip to Wales I lamented how not being near the sea was the only disadvantage of Manchester's locale and he said global warming would soon sort that out.

And my knee? It's not guilt it's cartilage. As we walked Sean recommended the pain be offered up for the holy souls in Purgatory. When reminded how Vatican II did away with Purgatory he said in that case I should stop whingeing.

8 comments:

Hayden said...

another great photo that makes one want to wander far...

Dan Flynn said...

Hayden,

You must post some photographs of your rural neighbourhood. Manchester for instance is surrounded by hills to the east, north and south. To the west is flatlands prior to a slight raise that tips over into Liverpool and the Irish Sea. What's it like where you live?

x

Anonymous said...

I feel for you and your knee. It took a good solid year for mine to recover. Get into physical therapy quickly. And don't trust the NHS. No conspiracy theory or anything. Just, that their waiting lists will make it worse.

Hayden said...

not much on photos, Dan, and certainly don't do them that are especially interesting, but I shall try.

Anonymous said...

Not much sympathy from Sean, eh Dan? Tut tut tut.

[hi sean, you crack me up but don't tell dan this, he might think i'm being unsympathetic].

Hayden said...

(they weren't exactly rural, but I posted pics that show 'the lay of the land.')

Dan Flynn said...

Buffy,

Ah the knee will be put right and my faith in the NHS remain undimmed. However I will let you know what progress I'm making.

x

G,

Sean doesn't know a thing about suffering. Which is astonishing given he's not quite left behind his catholic childhood.

x

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

But Dan, you've left behind your Catholic past, and you still suffer x