Thursday, February 15, 2007

Took photoshop...

to see the man. The man said the problem was me. Said I should read the manual. Cost me £10 to be told that. Oh woe. But of course he's right. This evening I've been reading the manual and remain unenlightened. Read the bloody manual indeed. Has anyone seen the manual? Hmm? Hmm? It's got 'User Guide' on the front, top right corner, in red. Not sure to whom it's referring.

On Saturday I shall buy another book, see if there's a Photoshop for Dummies or the like.

My bedroom walls are covered in bookshelves that groan with books, moan with books. Whenever I buy a new book they say, "For fucks sake. Give it rest will ya! Too much work here." But I'm ruthless, I say "Shelves, shut the fuck up. You have only one purpose and communicating with me is not it. Have another book." I've this dreadful thought of all my books being replaced, perhaps imperceptibly by volumes on Photoshop and the shelves whingeing about titles like "PHOTOSHOP DOH!" or "PHOTOSHOP! YES YOU! PAY ATTENTION. NO DON'T FALL ASLEEP IT'S STILL ONLY PAGE ONE. JESUS H CHRIST HE'S NODDED OFF" or "PHOTOSHOP! IF 6 MONTHS ACTIVE SERVICE DON'T BRING HIM ROUND NOTHING WILL" or "YOU WEED, CALL YOURSELF A MAN?"

Feel the Company might have lost their way in those later volumes.

Maybe I should look to see if they do something on A4, laminated, single sheet, printed one side only...

Might suggest it to them in a letter.

3 comments:

Annie said...

You have Photoshop?! I'm very envious, and await the results with interest... I know what you mean exactly about those user manuals (and inadvertently pooh poohed them on Gordon Mclean's site, when he said 'actually, I write user manuals for a living.'

Have you had a look for online tutorials? Sometimes I find these easier than wading through a manual, and they have human beings explaining things on a video...
http://www.tutorialized.com/
http://www.learnphotoshopnow.com/

Annie said...

Ahem. Have just read your other posts, and realise you already have Photoshop, and that it's broken and needs fixing.

Please just ignore me, it's old age you know...

Dan Flynn said...

Annie,

Fraid it's not photoshop but me who was broken. Honest, I tried reading the bloody manual but couldn't understand a word however in the end I found a online site that helped me. Phew!