Friday, June 03, 2005

Robot bartender in...

Glasgow. So declares a headline on Net News this morning. Oh how the mighty are fallen. In only two weeks a promising career in medicine, over. No mention was made of the circumstances that dragged Sister Mary so low, nor interestingly was there an indication of the type of bar she now frequents. For more information I set loose a search engine, it took two tries. My first category: Robot Doctor/Scandal, had thirty hits, all unfortunately referring to how Pope John Paul's old life support machine became a drug mule in Naples after been thrown onto the streets by the new guy. Apparently Dominic the Umpteenth was having a clearout and JP2's trusty leather bellows (genuine calfskin) were first to go. The rest is well known, gambling, debts, a tincture too many of the holy wine, heroin. Everyone saw it coming.

My second category: Sister Mary/Vigorous Bed Bath/No Change Given/Mind That Mess On The Floor, bore fruit. Honest, it shot me straight to the site of Trixie's Palace in Easterhouse, even had a photograph of Sister Mary behind the bar dispensing both drinks and advice regarding infections that weep. Robot Doctor looked tarnished but well though promising career in pole dancing ended when she fell for the pole.

I suspect we've not heard the last of Sister Mary, robot functionary, friend to the lonely. Struck off but not struck out.

16 comments:

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I must admit, I didn't believe much about this robot doctor thing [we still use humans here, malfunctioning and all, for most things].

So...a robot doctor can be anywhere...eh-nee-WHERE when he's looking at his patient? And others can see too?

Hmmm.

As a friend said, an exhibitionist's dream come true.

Where's Sr. Mary now?

Are you havin' fun yet?

Mimi NY said...

You're really into this sister mary thing aren't you?!!

How's life treating you young Dan? (well, old dan, but I always think of you as young)

xx

Dan Flynn said...

Gyal, I keep reading about these robots popping up everywhere, and apparently there really is one serving drinks in Glasgow! Honest. Would I lie for a cheap laugh?

Mimi, life is treating me pretty okay at the moment. Real improvement cos I'm getting some sleep now the gangsters have moved on from next door. I'm a third of the way thro a novel writing course with the Open University and what with the French and a big course re work it's all keeping me busy. One of the reasons for the gaps in my blog.

As for you? What a life mate, what a life you're having and stuff you're seeing. Seems like it's taking its toll tho. That said I think you're writing is cutting edge stuff and I'm just so impressed. xx

Zinnia Cyclamen said...

Treasure hunter passing through...

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Boo.

I win, I win.

Can I have my prize in US$$ Clare?

How you keepin' Dan?

aka k said...

boo

zoe said...

boo, i've lost as i've only just come home :(

kenju said...

BOO!

Michele said...

Boo, or should I say something less than annoying, perhaps the oft used HELLO greeting? Nah, what fun would that be? I passed here earlier today in a mad rush to complete Clare's Clever Treasure Hunt. Now, I have returned to peek around a bit. Please do not mind the perkiness - it is after all a treasure.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I'm rich, I'm rich, thank you Clare. [Is that real money?] I soon will not be making any if I keep interrupting my work to read blogs.

golfwidow said...

Bloo. Now with extra "l".

Dan Flynn said...

Bugger, bugger, bugger, caught up with all this a tad too late. Bugger.

Michele darling you are welcome to mooch around my blog to your heart's content.

Gyal, I hope your win doesn't change you.

xxx

Mimi NY said...

back again for clare's game...

Mimi NY said...

i had to give up. I am retarded and don't get it.

I guess I lost, right?

jenny said...

boo!

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Mimi, that makes two of us, lost.
But I won me some $$ from Clare, haha I'm rich, I'm rich.

Dan, I'm trying hard to not let my new found wealth affect me. I think I'll go to a toy store and splurge. You're all welcome to choose a toy or two of your heart's desire.