Sunday, January 07, 2007

Yesterday afternoon...




a huge tree branch fell out of Crowcroft Park onto Stockport Road. It was very exciting and I missed the event by only a few moments. Returned later to take the photo I couldn't capture earlier because handy Canon Ixus not in pocket. Grrr. Still, the bent and broken railings are impressive in their own small way. Of course I could be making too much of this tiny incident, however it has been very quiet in Crowcroft Park since the autumn fair departed.

5 comments:

DCveR said...

It would be a bit more impressive if you got it before the tree was cut... ain't it a drag when we want a camera and we left it at home?

Dan Flynn said...

D,

It is a drag. Boo hoo. Nevertheless I went out later and got a good photo of bent railings. Bent railings, always a sign that something momentous has occured. If I ever formed a band I'd want it to be 'Bent Railings' Think we could go far on a name like that.

Buffy said...

I'm out of the country right now. Will be a for a while yet. And am missing Manchester something awful.

Yeah. Who'd have thunk it. Get me out of this 72degrees in January weather. I want gloom.

I have the wardrobe for it.

Dan Flynn said...

Buff,

Hmmm, you can take the girl out of Manchester...

Dan Flynn said...

Clare,

Amazingly I bumped into Ali two minutes after phoning you and we stood in the street watching the flashing blue lights and lamenting that we couldn't drag Felix out to watch the excitement.

x