Friday, March 10, 2006

Cat dies...

of bird flu. How ironic is that? The news has terrified the alley cats who live at the back of my house. I know this from hearing them whispering about it on Wednesday evening when I looked over the gate. One was reading aloud from a newspaper about the dangers of avian flu in the wider animal population and particularly amongst cats. Laugh? I almost threw an embolism. A scrawny cat with scars noticed me grinning and nudged the reader who looked up. "Yeah, you fuckers," I shouted. "Be no more shitting in my pots when you're all dead from bird flu. Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha." And then I ran back inside before things turned nasty.

5 comments:

Hayden said...

careful when you step out onto your doorstep tomorrow morning.....

Dan Flynn said...

Hayden darling, I'm tired of their little gifts in my beautiful pots. The bastards!

Hayden said...

better they leave them in your pots than on your doorstep. catz know about plotting revenge.....

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Be careful they don't wait for you and SNEEZE all at once...

There's a cat or two here that I used to dislike, but when I think of it, they kill the rats. I hate rats more.

eek. They're on bird flu watch here now. eek.

Dan Flynn said...

G,

What an interesting conundrum. Rats or cats? Hmm. I'm severely allergic to cats, but don't want to catch the black death from rats. What to do? How to choose? I know, I'll get a gun. That'll sort 'em both out.