Sunday, October 29, 2006

Crosby Beach.

Posted by Picasa

Been to Crosby Beach again today. I took loads of photos but unfortunately can't seem to upload them more than one at a time. So, here's one to wet the appetite whilst I try and sort out the problem.

I went with a mate Vanessa and we walked virtually the full exhibition length (approximately two K by the way). The beach was wonderful, the exhibition superb, the weather loverly and the public loos grim. About that I'll say no more.

It was impressive to see so many children, adults, even dogs enjoying the statues. On statue 99 there was dog pee which I thought typical. You expose them to a bit of culture and if they can't eat it, fuck it or wee on it then no meaning is possible. Dogs, can't live with them... er, can't live with them.

The Mersey was busy with big ships coming and going, most probably related to the high tide that occured as we arrived. Not that I'm implying the tide had anything to do with us, oh no.

Back in Manchester I now think of that tide carrying ships into port, its steady swell easing ships out of port, it's gentle waves washing the feet of statue 99...





4 comments:

Hayden said...

wonderful photo. I'm looking forward to seeing the rest.

Dan Flynn said...

Hayden,

Speaking of photos, hey it's you!!!

xx

Anonymous said...

Aw go on Dan, you want to tell us a loo tale or two.

That exhibition sounds wonderful, dog wee and all.

Hayden has gorgeous hair.

Dan Flynn said...

I'll post a loo tale soon... promise.