Sunday, February 19, 2006

It can only be a matter...

of time before the rich start botoxing their dogs. I'd be surprised if this were not already available in Beverley Hills. Today's press reports the cost of botox is reducing to a level that ordinary mortals can afford. Botoxing as a means to resculpt the family dog therefore might soon be within everyone's reach. Bored with that faraway look you once found so endearing? Have him re-done. Christian owners might favour a saint, Muslims a nice floor design, Jains, well Jains would probably having nothing done for fear of the dog being a relative. Spiteful types could have their dog botoxed to resemble whom they wish to insult. To alleviate the pain of a long separation (should your employment so demand) the dog could be botoxed to a likeness of the missing loved one. Botoxdog might be given as a great Christmas gift, or birthday treat. Think of the excitement, 'Darling I'm home' and under your arm a miniature Britneydog or Eminem. There might be some social downside such as increased street accidents through people walking into things because their eyes have been captured by a Cheneydog weeing on some lamp post, or the shock of seeing a dog that looks like a dog. I reckon botoxing dogs will bring us humans closer together, even if only to exclaim.

7 comments:

Hayden said...

oh my, you have done it again. a cheneydog weeing... oh the images I wish I could burn out of my brain, never to recur.... that is one, my friend, that is one.

DCveR said...

Try and google the American pet spas, probably one is already offering that.

Dan Flynn said...

Hayden,

Hey, truth is stranger than fiction. I shall google as Dcver recommends and let you know the outcome.

D,

Please don't let it be true! Actually I really think it'll be a hoot, well maybe not for the dog. But then dogs should have stayed in the hills and on the plains and not stuck themselves with us. In fact they deserve to be botoxed for being so craven. Is that too hard?

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

I still have not recovered from see dogs overseas with bows in their hair, I mean, fur, and now you're talking about this?

Dan Flynn said...

G,

Do not start me off on tiny dogs with bows in their hair. It's all to do with dog owner madness. Grrrrr.

neena maiya (guyana gyal) said...

Oh, you dislike them too, eh? Cutsie-poo doggies with pink bows in their hair, poopie-ing on the pavement.

Dan, you should be voted for blogger with wildest, most creative imagination.

Dan Flynn said...

G,

What can one say? I know dogs are easy targets but hey, no one asked them to saddle up with us!